SCIENCE OF SIMULATIONS
Business Olympian Group enhances the simulation experience by transforming it into a learning environment in which every participant emerges with personal insights and reflections. Through extensive scientific research, we have developed a unique simulation model based on the psychology of an individual’s different characteristics and behavioural reactions under pressure. This model exposes participants to at least three experiences involving live simulations, team or one-on-one coaching, a training workshop and feedback report.
Your team will benefit highly from this approach, which encourages open discussion about the overall performance of the group. Individuals can also seek real feedback on their performance under pressure.
Additional features of our simulations include:
• Online immersion
• Full media experience
• Real world actors
• Sounds, smells and other pressure points that illicit the reactions and experiences we need to best suit the situation
Battleground is an online platform and mobile app designed for the development, management and simulation of your organisation’s business continuity lifecycle. The platform allows you to develop your Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plans online, easily capturing the data you need and combining it with contact lists and recovery strategies. Simulations may then be used for testing these plans and your teams through the facilitation of your exercises. In addition, Battleground’s Incident Management feature allows you to create incidents online and manage them through your mobile device with or without data connectivity.
This user friendly, interactive technology is revolutionising the way you access your BCM data, ensuring your teams can efficiently manage any kind of incident on the go.
The discipline of “Non-Financial” risk management has emerged considerably over the past 15 years. Despite Operational Risk and Compliance practices maturing, ongoing investment made in Governance, Risk and Compliance systems and increased awareness and understanding of “Non-Financial” risk at a business leader level, risk issues that impact people and communities continue to surface.
More recently we are learning (often through regulatory investigations, Royal Commissions etc) that traditional Risk practices focus too much on “codified” controls and do not lift the lid on cultural and behavioural issues that impact the way people make decisions and manage risks as part of their day-to-day work.
Key challenges faced by organisations when trying to measure and manage Risk Culture include:
- The three lines of defence “3LOD” approach to risk management is focused on formal systems (i.e. things you can touch and feel such as policies, processes and systems).
- The 3LOD is generally resourced by deep Risk subject matter expertise and people do not understand the basics of behavioural theory.
- The 3LOD typically executes desk-based compliance focused assurance.
- Scarcity of people who understand Risk and Culture (e.g. organisational psychologists / behavioural scientists).
- Resources who do in fact understand Risk and Culture are expensive.
- Cultural challenges associated with integrating Risk and Culture SMEs in the same team.
RiskultureX has been designed to:
- Provide well substantiated, evidence-based measures of risk culture through various data points. Simple intuitive reports and dashboards provide Boards and Management the ability to understand cultural attributes at a team, business, division and organisation level that impact the way risk-based decisions are made.
- Balance the focus on behaviours and formal mechanisms (policies, processes and systems). RiskultureX is not a means of understanding how culture impacts staff engagement – it focuses on measuring behaviours that impact the effectiveness of formal risk management mechanisms. This focus on behaviours/culture is what we call “the third dimension” of risk management.
- Engage with people who make decisions on behalf of the business every day, avoiding geographical barriers that often impact the level of interaction between business leaders and their teams.
- Provide a psychologically safe environment for people to ‘speak up’ so that business leaders can understand the environments within which people work and the prevalent behaviours that impact the decisions people make. All insights provided by people in the business (i.e. people who make decisions on behalf of the organisation every day) are completely anonymous and confidential.
- Address the scarcity of people who understand Risk and Culture. Risk subject matter experts and organisational psychologists have designed this tool.
- RiskultureX uses a combination of:
- Virtual behavioural card sorting to obtain quantitative data around cultural risk indicators which can be benchmarked across an organisation; and
- Virtual focus groups and interviews to obtain qualitative data that substantiates insights from the behavioural card sorting and provides context around the root cause of key challenges identified.
Our experience with crisis management teams has shown that if equipped with the right resources, the productivity of the team is reatly enhanced. This led to the creation of the BattlePak – a backpack that contains everything you need when a business continuity or crisis management team is activated.
The backpack includes pens, whiteboard markers, notepads, phone charging cables, water bottles, USB memory sticks, space for laptop chargers and other company specific items.
We supply and maintain these for organisations, tailoring their contents to your needs. BattlePaks are kept in all designated crisis management meeting areas so they are readily available, regardless of the situation. The Business Olympian Group ensures that the bag is up to date and in working order by maintaining it every six months or after each use.